By Jaime Rice
Meal prepping once a week is something that is second nature to me, I have done it consistently for two years and it truly is a lifestyle. I would be at total loss if I did not have certain foods cooked and ready to go in my fridge every week. One of those staples is chicken. When I first started prepping I was at a loss on different ways to prepare and eat said chicken. After a lot of trial and error I became pretty good at finding new ways to cook and eat chicken.
For those of you that are wanting to start meal prepping or if you are simply wanting new ways to mix up your chicken plates, I have complied a list of my favorite chicken meals.
1. Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken: Place 3-4 chicken breast in crock pot. In separate bowl mix Hot sauce with fat free sour cream and 1/2 a dry ranch dressing packet. Pour mixture over chicken and cook till chicken shreds. Pair with rice or veggie of choice.
2. Crock Pot BBQ Chicken: Place 3-4 Chicken breast in a crockpot with lemon juice. Cook till it shreds and add favorite BBQ sauce, mix and cook for another 30 minutes to an hour. Pair with rice or veggie of choice.
3. Grilled Chicken: Simply grill the chicken with favorite seasoning.
4. Baked Chicken Tenders: Lisa’s Tenders
5. Baked Chicken Tacos: Used shredded chicken (made in crock pot) add Mrs. Dash Taco seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies or regular diced tomatoes depending on taste, salsa, corn (optional), Black Beans (optional). Mix all ingredients together and spoon out chicken mixture into whole wheat tortillas. Utilizing a baking dish, place filled tortillas in dish and roll up. Bake on 350 for 10-15 minutes.
6. Chicken Fried Rice. Use already cooked chicken or cook chicken in a skillet and set aside. Sautee peppers, mushrooms, and onions in skillet then cook one egg. In separate pot cook Jasmine rice and once cooked combine all ingredients in large skillet. Add coconut oil or butter and sauté together for 5-10 minutes. You can also use oyster sauce or low sodium soy sauce.
7. Chicken Nachos: Use Shredded or grilled chicken. Bake a whole wheat tortilla in the oven until its crispy. Break tortilla apart and place chicken on top. Add avocado, corn, black beans, cheese, salsa, etc.
8. Chicken Bowl: This one is easy! Use grilled/cooked chicken and place over rice or sweet potato and load up your bowl. I usually use mushrooms, cheese, peppers, and a green veggie. The combinations or limitless.
9. Baked Chicken: Simple enough, again with endless ways to bake chicken. One of my favorites is to bake a whole chicken with red potatoes, carrots, and onions. So easy and food for days! Also works well in a crock pot.
10. Chicken Salad: Use any premade chicken and put over your favorite salad. I love shredded chicken over spinach and romaine lettuce with cheese, olives, peppers, cucumbers etc. Add your favorite healthy dressing.
There you have it! 10 ways to use and eat all your prepped chicken!