By Lisa Rhea
This one pan dish is a wonderful mix of sweet, savory and spicy and is loaded with nutrients.
You can add ingredients as you please, including a ground beef or grilled chicken, or leave it as a vegetarian dish.
Red bell pepper (or whatever colors you prefer)
Black beans (I used jalapeño black beans for extra kick)
Low-fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt
Taco sauce or salsa
Avocado dressing (optional – I just wanted to try it and it’s delicious!)
*Note – I didn’t include amounts/measurements, because this is truly a throw it together dish and there are no rules. Just add as much as you think would taste good!
- Chop sweet potato into small pieces or slices. Toss in pan and begin to cook on medium. I use some cooking spray to keep them from sticking to the pan. I also include a tbsp or so of water every so often as they cook. Cover with a lid and check often.
- While potatoes are cooking, chop the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to cook potatoes until they are close to being tender. Time will depend on how small the pieces were cut. Add peppers and onions and continue to sauté.
- Cook potatoes, peppers and onions until tender, then add zucchini.
- Drain corn and black beans. Add to pan and continue to cook until everything is warm throughout.
- Dish up hash and top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!!