We all know a amazing workout playlist can either make or break a workout. Music can motivate and energize– not to mention being completely consumed in your tunes can also help annoying gym creepers keep their distance (or at least help you ignore them easier.)
I’m always looking for new favorites to add to my workout mix, so I thought I’d share some currently rocking the Petrolino workouts, along with some playlist creation resources.
What I’m Listening To
I tend to like a really large and odd mix of music, and my playlist reflects that. I’ve choose a few that are particularly good for certain activities:
Intervals, Hard Cardio, Power Workouts:
- Fix You by Cold Play
- Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
- Love the Way You Lie by Eminem
- The Scientist by Cold Play
- Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys
These songs are great because they tend to rev up in tempo or intensity– just as your workout needs an extra kick. Fix You, in particular is amazing for that.
Motivation and World Domination:
- Winner Take it All by ABBA
- Damn it Feels Good to be a Gansta by Geto Boys
- Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
- All I Do is Win by T-Pain and Ludacris
- Stronger by Kayne West
You can see my complete playlist here on Spotify
Resources for Playlists of Awesome
If you don’t use Spotify already, stop what you are doing and use it. Right now. Go ahead. We’ll wait. It’s by far my favorite app and will change your music life!
Here are some other great resources to inspire your playlist:
- Fitness Magazine: 100 Best Workout Songs
- Shape Magazine: Playlist Extravaganza
- Spotify: Ultimate Workout Playlist
What songs fuel your workout? Share your favorites here and we will build a Skinny and the Think of It Playlist for our community to share!